Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Supai (Arizona) where the mail is delivered by mule.


Supai is a village of Havasupai an American Indian tribe, within the Grand  Canyon. The residents are 500 people and Supai is a nice village but really remote. Actually there are no roads to get here, the only ways are a helicopter, hike or ride a mule. Is the second place in United States where the mail is delivered by mule. All of that makes this small village a perfect place to get away from everything surrounded by breathtaking landscapes.
You can find all the info here Havasupai

3 comments:

  1. I was just there this weekend and boy did it look a lot different. I guess most people clean up before taking a picture for the world to see cuz there was trash every where in the village. Houses were so run down and the animals looked like they were starving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks to let us know the reality, that's sad but better people know it anyway.

      Delete
  2. That's one way of fooling the tourists. I was down at supai village and instead of crops I saw alot of trash popping up all over and not to mention those poor dogs and horses that look like they are eating their own feces. Also they smashed my mirrors on my truck at the parking at hilltop. Guess that's the price you pay for seeing the falls. Most reservation are like this but people seem to ignore it. But let me treat my animals like this and I'll be living in the State Facility.

    ReplyDelete